Version 1.5.4 is now available for download!
For some reason I forgot to release version 1.5.3 so this post will serve as a way to talk about what I did in that version as well.
For version 1.5.3 I did the following:
- Added the USER LEVEL command: !haiku This command will cause the bot to attempt to create a haiku using the 5/7/5 syllable structure. It’s not perfect and the counts will often be a little off but it’s a start. Needs the LB Brain to be on in order to work properly.
- Changed the “Answer Search” code slightly so that it tries to find more than one answer to the same line. This may or may not help/improve anything.
- Changed the LB brain so that it stores the starting lines in memory instead of loading them every single time something is added to the brain file.
- Changed the way the filter works slightly so that when it adds things to the LB and basic brains it can run one of the same functions. This reduces code a little and makes it cleaner.
- Fixed the Twitter aspect so that it works with the 1.1 OATH system.
It wasn’t a lot, but it was just minor improvements to try to improve the way the bot works (especially loading all the starting lines, as a huge brain file makes the bot pretty slow).
Version 1.5.4 was simply another fix to Twitter, as I was having some issues with it working reliably. It now uses the CoreTweets.dll which is soooooo much nicer.
As always, the source code is a horrible mess. Kids, don’t use this project as a way to actually learn how to program or hold it up to some high standard. I’m honestly surprised this bucket of bolts even works with the way I’ve jerry-rigged it all together. Having said that, it does work so feel free to download and enjoy.