• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#1 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:07 PM

Bloodstained.jpg

What is Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night?

An exploration-focused, side-scrolling platformer featuring RPG and crafting elements.

Koji Igarashi, the namesake of "Igavania"-style games, is leading the project, with Michiru Yamane composing the music and Inti Creates leading the development.

If funded, the game will be developed for XBOX One, Playstation 4, and PC. For the first time on Kickstarter, backers will have the option to receive actual PS4 / XB1 / PC retail discs.

You are Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist curse which slowly crystallizes your skin. You must battle your way through a demon-filled castle summoned by Gebel, your old friend whose body has become more crystal than flesh.

Characters
Miriam

Picked up as an orphan by an Alchemist at a young age, she became a host for the dark Alchemists’ curse. Although the magi-crystals were fused with her body at a young age, for 10 years she lay sleeping while the curse matured to its full form. It was during this period that the demons arrived, meaning that she missed their appearance and awoke with a mild form of amnesia, not quite fully understanding what happened to her.

She is a woman of few words but strong of purpose. Her youth is deceiving, making her seem confrontational and quick to judge, though in reality she is constantly evaluating her next step. The pain she felt as an orphaned child fuels her compassionate desire to protect her loved ones and friends.

Gebel

Original host for the magi-crystal curse that summons demons to the planet. Gebel (JEE-bill) was the only one to survive its effects at such a high level. He destroyed the guild that created him, but in doing so realized he was no longer human and had no place on Earth. This in turn, lead him to summon the demon castle from hell to appear on the planet.

It is said that his real purpose in summoning the castle was to give Miriam a place of her own, but as his Magi-crystal disease progressed, he soon forgot his own reasoning. The more he surrounded himself with hell-spawn, the quicker the magi-crystals engulfed his body. He continues to plot the downfall of man, and how to best convince (or use) Miriam to achieve his dark ambition.

Johannes

A member of the defunct Alchemist guild and Gebel’s best friend. Johannes (yo-HAH-nis) was the only Alchemist who dissented with the plan to call demons to the earth to cement Alchemy as the prevalent philosophy. His rejection of the other Alchemists’ scheme is what kept him from sharing their fate. He has a vague understanding that Miriam’s awakening and the demon castle’s appearance are no mere coincidence.

Exploration: Bloodstained's story unfolds as you explore Gebel's hellish castle; a sprawling structure that features a variety of locations. As you explore the massive castle you'll find warp gates that will allow you to travel quickly without having to backtrack too much.

RPG Elements: It's not an Igavania without leveling, and Bloodstained will be no exception. In addition to the classic elements everyone’s come to expect, enemies in Bloodstained will drop a wide variety of items, materials, and magi-crystals necessary to create the items that will get you safely through Gebel’s castle.

Crafting: As you explore, fight enemies, and complete quests you will gain experience and become more powerful, acquiring a variety of weapons along the way. Enemies will also drop materials you can use to craft new weapons and abilities using Miriam's training in alchemy.

There's a lot more stuff on the Kickstarter page.

Igavania

(It goes to the Kickstarter page)

...This was just started today and...

5de662458008950bc79dbaa6bf12d6cb_original.png

It's already funded, in the same day. Was asking for $500,000 and they're at $541,000 as of me posting this. It's still going up too, wow. See, Konami? People still want to play Castlevania games.

I have to say, I'm looking forward to this. lol

#2 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:56 PM

Decided to take a look tonight. They're at $1 million, so that means David Hayter will be doing Gebel's voice and now cheat codes will be added. Looks like local co-op will be added if they get to $1.25 million.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me, as I know Mighty Number 9 got a huge amount as well. I wonder if Konami and Capcom are kicking themselves over this. lol

#3 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:05 AM

Someone made this after the game information was released..

ezimba14497878015704.png

I wonder if Konami and Capcom are kicking themselves over this.

I don't know. The first edition of DmC sold 1.6 million copies.  If we assume every copy was around $50 average that's $80,000,000 and they classified that as a complete and utter failure.  Heck, even if it was only $10 a copy, that's still $16,000,000. Somehow a $1 mil kickstarter fund doesn't seem so big compared to those numbers.

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#4 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:54 PM

That image. :XD:  Though kind of find it funny that Miriam has a few things similar to Shanoa. lol

And yeah, I know. But still, 20k people and at $1.56 million is crazy. Though of course there's a ton of the tiers thing on there, from $5 up to $10,000 and not just $60. Plus only $28 for the digital version. I wonder how much more they'll get when the game actually releases for those who didn't take part.

Then again, they probably don't expect unrealistic numbers (Looking at you, Square-Enix) for the ones who left Capcom and Konami, so who knows. lol

#5 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:11 PM

Oh, and for those who can't see the video on the KS site:

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Kickstarter Pitch

Though subtitles as IGA is only talking in Japanese on it.

#6 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:51 PM

They're at 1.8 million now, so speed run goal is unlocked. Boss rush is set at 2 million, and an 8-bit level is set at 2.25 million.

Also, a silly video with IGA on it, demonstrating how game play will be:

And this is why I like this guy. LOL

#7 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 07:29 PM

They're on $2.1 million now. It's starting to kind of slow down on it.

Classic Mode was added for $2.5 million, and 8-Bit Level was renamed to Retro Level.

A new video on the Youtube channel:

Thank You + Ask IGA #1

And while at first I wasn't going to take part in the KS, I think I might go for the physical version of the game, as it'd be nice to have without having to worry about trying to download it from the PSN. Obviously I don't have a PS4 yet, though I might by the time it releases.

#8 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:48 PM

Now at $2.57 million on the Kickstarter.

There's 6 mini-stretch goals which looks like six music tracks up to $2.74 million. After that, the next one is at $2.75 million and is labelled as "IGA's Biggest Castle" and an unnamed one at the $3 million mark. However, they need to get the "Basement Key" achievement to get that unlocked as well.

Also, a new Ask IGA is up on the channel:

Ask IGA #2

#9 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:08 PM

Looks like the $3 mil will be a Wii U release lol

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#10 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:11 PM

That would be nice if so. lol

I forgot that the third person for the 8-bit music thing was the alias that Jake Kaufman uses (virt). I know Michiru Yamane and Ippo Yamada do good music, and I've heard Jake Kaufman from the Ducktales: Remastered, Shantae games mostly, as I haven't played many of the other games he's done music for. He's pretty good as well. lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: koji igarashi, iga, metroidvania, ps4, xbone, pc, igavania, switch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users