119 replies to this topic

#11 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:30 AM

Of course I could be wrong, but there's a lot of speculation that it is.  It even kind of looks like the "WII U" text to me (just the bottom part cut off, of course).  I guess we'll find out soon enough.  They're at $2.59 mil at the moment.

This is going to be an awesome game, I bet lol.

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#12 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:20 PM

And it is Wii U for the $3 million goal. They're now at $2.8 million, so I think they'll probably just make it for that at least. It was said that if they do get to it, former Retro Studios (Metroid Prime series) people at Armature Studios will handle the port. People say they have been doing well on handling ports, which I'm not surprised as the Metroid Prime games are fairly good.

Also a concept of a boss posted along with some other info.

There's also a rumor going around that Deep Silver may be publishing the game. They've published the Saints Row games after THQ went under, among some others that I can't remember right now.

#13 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:27 PM

$3 million reached, so the Wii U port will happen.

$3.25 million is online multiplayer and $3.5 million is a PS Vita port. They have until the 12th, which is a little less than two weeks away. They could probably get the online just in time, but I don't expect them to get the amount for the Vita port. It'd be awesome if so, but I wouldn't count on it either.

#14 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:57 PM

b4fdc7f31f1e8ffae139cca7b78e99a7_original.jpg

But enough talk, have at you!

That's from an update that gives a concept of special attacks. I hope they keep that one and the chair one. lol

They're now at $3.4 million, so the online multiplayer thing will be funded. Looks like they're getting close to the Vita port goal as well. $3.75 million is orchestrated tracks, but I don't know if they'll get to that in a week. They are also down to the final two achievements as well. I wonder what sort of silly cheat codes they have in mind. lol

Fell a little behind, so there's two more Ask IGA videos to post:

Ask IGA #3

Ask IGA #4

And now for a silly video:

World's Greatest Vampire Hunter

IGA and the Mega 64 people on this video. It's so silly but awesome at the same time. LOL This is why I like this guy. lol

#15 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:15 PM

$3.8 million now, so the $3.75 one is funded. I hope they manage to get this to $4 million at least.

And another update. Yoshitaka Amano (yes, the guy who has done the Final Fantasy art) is making a poster for the $250 Collector's Box, and a handsigned one for the $800 tier. Obviously I'll pass on that, but I hope someone who does get it will post a pic of it, as I wonder how the main character will look in Amano's style. lol

Also, an early look at the development of the game, mostly talking about the walking animation and speed for Miriam, along with how the view is. I hope they can keep that style for the game as even though it's early, it looks nice.

#16 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:50 PM

Final Ask IGA

f0fce7bc8f35f3a96c87f5a64f71446c_original.jpg

Concept of what the swordwhip will be. Swordwhip is currently for $60+ backers, but I bet it'll be dlc down the road.

4e105413094f82fa808730ed7d818882_original.jpg

Results of of the sword or whip vote, Clan Katana won. However this weapon will be in all versions of the game.

They say getting either weapon will be hard, and Iga will be the boss you fight for the swordwhip. I like the quote they have for that:

"Look, take my word for it: You've never been beaten into the ground and eviscerated by a nicer guy."

:XD:

The Shovel Knight hero will also be in the game, as an enemy I think.

They're now at $4.4 million (gah) with 28 hours to go. Which means means online challenge mode will be added, third character, and the prequel mini-game for consoles/PC (with the Paypal amount added.)

I'd be surprised if they got 600k in 28 hours, but if so, the $5 million goal will be "Roguelike Dungeon Mode."

They have all of the achievements unlocked as well, which means New Game+ will be added. Which means you keep all items, harder enemies, and more attack patterns.

Even though I really shouldn't... I went with the $100 pledge. I wonder if it'll let me use a certain name for the credits. I'll find out once they send the survey out when it ends. lol At least I know this game will be out unlike the other one I put $100 for back in 2012, which I have no idea now if it'll ever be out. I suppose that's the risk for this sort of stuff unless it's one like Bloodstained or Mighty Number 9.

It's going to be a long wait until 2017 for me. lol

#17 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:27 PM

Well now. Guess what's at $5 million. I wonder what they have in mind for the "Roguelike Dungeon" mode lol.

5 hours to go, and they're at $5.2 million or so if you add the Paypal amount to it. A final goal has been added if they manage to get to $5.5 million, called "Boss Revenge." We'll find out in five hours. lol

One final achievement is added, if they can get to 60:

5611aadc95de8c1953ed8c2ec4d82f45_original.jpg

Called the "Pure" outfit, it's what Miriam looked like before the curse happened. The curse can change hair color as well.

They're going to be starting the stream for the last four hours of the Kickstarter campaign in just a bit. It'll be on the Video Games Awesome channel. I'll probably check it out to see how it is, but just the video as I be the chat will be too insane to even keep an eye on. lol

#18 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:03 PM

It might change a bit, but right now, it ended at $5,545,991 million. Wow. The Paypal amount is around $200k.

Crazy. lol

#19 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:40 AM

So basically, it's safe to say that the total amount raised with both Kickstarter and Paypal is $5.75 million. Wow. I didn't expect it to gain another million in the final week. So now the bad part, waiting two years for the game to be playable. This is probably going to drive me crazy. :XD:

They got 61 achievements in the end, so the "Pure" costume will be in the game.

Too bad I couldn't go for the $250 for the Amano art poster. Oh well, at least I'll have a nice cover of the box by Ayami Kojima. I most likely will go with the Wii U version once they do ask what system. I probably will get it on Steam as well when it releases (since of course the Wii U one will be paid for already) just to see how it is without the gamepad.

Mainly posting this for Iyou to see when he can, but here's the archive for the stream. It should be about four hours long. I don't know now long it'll be up, so try to watch it asap. Probably my favorite parts are Iga yelling "Die monster!" (along with right after with Iga yelling that and Ben Judd (the English VA for Phoenix Wright) yelling "Objection!"), him arm wrestling one of the other guys, and then drawing a silly monster on the white board. :XD:

-Edit-

Just checked the page, which shows the stream highlight times if you just want to jump to those.

0:57:00 — IGA draws an enemy which he later dubs Bismarck Kappa III
1:30:00 — Aizu v IGA arm wrestling match
2:58:00 — IGA displays some serious candle-whipping prowess, followed by an interview with the game's musicians Michiru Yamane and Ippo Yamada
3:22:30 — IGA dons vampire teeth and shouts "DIE MONSTER"
3:30:00 — Familiar contest results, and IGA crowns the winner

Edited by Smz, 13 June 2015 - 04:02 AM.

#20 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:43 AM

I won't get to watch til Tues or Wed at the earliest. Lulz.  Hopefully it's still up then.

I'm glad that this kickstarter went so well for Iga lol.  I love the Castlevania series and want it to continue on in some form.  I'm really curious to see how the multiplayer will work and how the roguelike dungeon will be.

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: koji igarashi, iga, metroidvania, ps4, xbone, pc, igavania, switch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users