17 replies to this topic

#11 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:56 AM

Inside the tent, perhaps? I know you can go inside.  Usually he's hanging around up there though.

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#12 ItsNotTheEd

ItsNotTheEd

Giant Robot Pilot

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:48 AM

I found the son of a gun.  He was down by the river next to his tent.  No introduction just "I don't trust you" when I talked to him.  Well, okay then.

Went through the Egg Festival, did terrible on the egg hunt.  Found maybe 6 before time ran out.  I didn't realize it gave me so little time.  found out that cauliflower is a good way to make money.  I bought the first backpack upgrade, and just barely had enough money to cover it.  I had planted two "mystery seeds" in the past, and they both ended up being cauliflower.  They take 8 days, but 2 gave me 350 gold.  I think I planted another 9 after that, lol.

REBEL AGAINST THE IYOUBOUSHI!! Even though this forum is new, I still stand firmly by my beliefs! He is out to get us! OUT TO GET US ALL!!

#13 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:55 PM

Looks like 1.1 is set to be released soon. Hopefully won't take it too long for Gog to get 1.1.

New Features

Spoiler

Bug Fixes
Spoiler

Since it's been so long since I last played, I'll probably start over. Might have to try one of the new farm types. lol

Just realized I never posted after my first post, besides this. I did play it more after that, just messing around mostly. I did buy the game as well, so I will play it more legit whenever the update happens. Meaning no fence durability mod or extra energy. lol Only mod I'll use most likely is that female face one if it's still the same from 1.0, as I think we all know who I'll make for a farmer. lol

#14 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:41 AM

Two years later after not really touching the game I decided to pick it up again.  I ended up buying it on PS4 (I like trophies, :XD:) and started from scratch. 

I'm on day 15 of summer now.  I feel like I'm doing better this time than I did on the PC.  It probably helps that I know more about the game this go around so I know how to better plan ahead.  I'm also a lot further in the mines (level 55 I think).  My goal is to make it to the bottom of the mines by winter and grind a ton of iron and gold ores so I can make sprinklers for the following year.  Watering really is the worst chore of the day, even with an upgraded watering can.

There are some annoying things with the PS4 version.  Mainly the game was designed to be played with a mouse so using a controller has some drawbacks here and there.  There is a way to switch to a mouse mode but it's annoying to switch to (and even worse trying to switch back).  I know that sometimes it's basically impossible to select certain things in the crafting menu without using mouse mode though (at least until you start filling up the crafting recipes) which is super annoying.

Aaaaand I'm seriously anticipating the online update.  I know they're beta testing it on the PC version right now.  I hope it comes to the PS4 and it doesn't take years and years.  I think SDV will be amazing with more than one person.  I'm just curious how it'll work with the time (will it stop and everyone get frozen when one person uses their inventory?  Will time not stop at all? Etc)

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#15 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:00 PM

Crazy that the game is already two years old. lol

I need to play it again so I have the hang of it for when the online update happens. I know the PC version is getting it first, since that would only be fair as it's been on PC longer. I'm fairly certain it's coming to consoles as well, just don't know how much longer after the PC verison.

#16 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:26 PM

Online has been pretty interesting so far. Some things are shared, which makes obvious sense, like money. Everything else, like skills or relationships, isn't and everyone has their own skill levels. Right now the community center thing to check from the menu is bugged for everyone who isn't the host. To me it stays on the very first time you unlock it. Been playing it with Iyou and uhhh, a totally not shared copy I have while we use a lan program to play. lol

I think they only bad part is leveling FISHING all over again. Good lord. I want to strangle the dev sometimes with how insane some fish are to get. I sure like fish just flipping out all over the bar with no reaction time to get them... lol

Again, the order will be PC first, then the Switch, then the PS4/Xbone. I'm not sure if PS4/Xbone will get two updates as it seems to be a bad idea to delay a full content patch until they can have online, as of course there's more stuff than just online with the upcoming 1.3 update.

Oh right, and the PS Vita version should be out today. If you already have it on PS4, then you should be able to get it for free on that system as well.

#17 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:07 PM

Been almost a full year since we last posted about SDV.

Last year we messed around with the PC online for a few weeks and I thought it was pretty fun.  But I got a bit burned out there at the end.  It's been over a year now and I'm totally ready for it to be out on PS4 already.

I really haven't been keeping up with the news though.  Has anything been announced on this yet?  Has the Switch version received the multiplayer yet?  Is PS4/Xbone ever going to get it? lol.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#18 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:20 AM

Yeah, the online part was released on the Switch in December. It's also out now on Android devices. The dev said he's now self-publishing the game himself on everything else, except the Switch and mobile versions.

Last I saw, he said it's currently under testing on Xbox, and hopefully PS4 right after. Says he wants to try to have it released at the same time in a couple of months. That was in February, so it'll probably be April or later for that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: steam, pc, harvest moon clone, sim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users