127 replies to this topic

#11 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:27 PM

Mighty Number 9 continues to be in the news for failures..

The Woes Continue for Mighty Number 9 Kickstarter Backers

Basically the tldr is that Comcept still hasn't given any information on the 3ds and PS Vita versions (for those who picked that after pledging money) and people who did the higher tiers still haven't received their physical rewards.  Just unacceptable.

Inafune is done.  His reputation is in the toilet.  I doubt he'll ever get funding to do anything again after all this.

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#12 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:25 PM

Man, I'm hoping the same thing doesn't happen to Bloodstained. I want to say IGA knows better, but guess something to keep in mind. lol

#13 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:26 AM

Not really "game" related (though maybe it is? lol) but the Nintendo NX has been revealed.  It's called the Nintendo Switch and here's a trailer for it:

I'm a little underwhelmed, actually, since I'm not a gigantic fan of handhelds and I don't really have any desire to drag my Wii U with me anywhere (as it basically looks like a Wii U tablet that is portable).  But I'm sure someone out there will love it.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#14 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:59 PM

I'm not surprised, seeing as how mobile is HUGE in Japan now. I mean... there's so many mobile games over there, and I know the PSP and Vita are still fairly popular there as well. So of course Nintendo would follow that as well. I'm wondering if that means the 3DS is the final handheld with this now.

To be honest, I don't see how it can be comfortable just using one of the side controllers to play a game with how small it is. I guess that's why the left one is buttons as well. Controller is small enough, and so tiny on the d-pad on the right. If they still insist upon motion controls, I'm not bothering. Yes, I do see the Pro-style controller on the trailer, so I know there will be that. Only thing that might make me consider it is if they have an actual Metroid game, and not something like Federation Force or another Other M. Otherwise the PS4 is the final console I'm bothering with. lol

#15 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:20 PM

Some crazy Final Fantasy news since next year is the 30th anniversary of the franchise. 

2017 will be the 30th anniversary for Final Fantasy and Square Enix will celebrate the milestone with the following items:

Final Fantasy releases in 2017 to celebrate the anniversary: Square will launch Final Fantasy VII Remake (first episode) and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age as main games to celebrate the Final Fantasy’s birthday.

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is coming to PS4 during the next year. The bundle will include Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns on separate discs to be enjoined in 1080p and 60fps.
Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection
This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card.

It will include two versions of Final Fantasy I to VI: original versions from NES/SNES and modern ports (mostly mobile ports).

FF VII to IX will be based only in newest ports.

Final Fantasy II and III from NES will receive an official English translation (first time). Games will be based on Japanese versions, therefore we will be able to play parts that were cut out when games were released overseas. Graphical censorship included in some titles when they were released outside Japan will remain. The collection will have a built-in art gallery and a sound test menu to play songs from games included.

Just for the record: this compilation will include just main Final Fantasy titles (I to IX).

Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions and Chrono Trigger could be released on Steam before the end of 2017.

Final Fantasy VII Remake and Final Fantasy XV are coming to PC, but likely not until early-mid 2018.

Read more http://vgleaks.com/f...ersary-roadmap/

There's some more info on the collection as well (there's going to be different versions that come with different stuff) but you can read about that on the page if you want to know more.  Having said that, the Crystal Complete edition, which will be limited in number, comes with special items for Final Fantasy XI mobile [which isn't even out yet] and XIV. I'm not a big fan of the fact they're doing that even though I bet it'll probably just be cosmetic items.

But man.. if you like the Final Fantasy series this is pretty crazy news.

I'm not overly interested in the XIII series so that collection doesn't interest me much but the other collection that has the first 9 games in it would be pretty awesome to have. Plus I really want the XII HD version that's coming out next year and of course I'd like to play XV. I wonder how much that collection is going to cost.  It would be nice to have the first 9 FF games on one disc instead of having to try and find all my old PSX collections or emulate them any time I feel like playing one lol.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#16 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:25 PM

So looks like it is going to be episodes for the FF7 Remake. Not sure how I feel about that, depending on how long they are.

As for the first 9 games to be on a PS4 disc or Vita card?

Fry money.jpg

lol

I wonder how Chrono Trigger would be on PC. Hopefully it'll have the stuff that the DS version has.

#17 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:17 PM

Super Mario Run, the first real mobile game for Nintendo (excluding Miitomo which really isn't much of a 'game' as it is a social experiment) is going to require a consistent internet connection to play.  On top of that they're estimating that it might be using 75 MB per hour to play.  If you're on a limited data plan (which almost every carrier in the USA is) welp... guess you'll be limited to playing it when you have a WIFI connection available or else don't play it at all.  Also it costs $10 to fully unlock and play.

news article

I think I'll pass on this one.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#18 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:53 PM

Just a quick post to mention that Games Done Quick marathon has begun!  It's always a blast watching people zoom through games and most of the time the commentary is pretty good too.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#19 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:51 PM

Looks like Square-Enix and Marvel are teaming up for a multi-year, multi-game deal. The first one looks like to be on The Avengers. There's a 50 second trailer, but it doesn't show anything,

#20 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

Capcom has announced The Disney Afternoon Collection.

Looks like it's basically the NES versions rather than remasters (like the remastered Duck Tales game was).  It's interesting but I don't know if I'll bother getting it lol.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: games, wii u, ps3, ps4, pc, xbox, xbone, general, discussion, news

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users