#1 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,101 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:32 PM

BATTLE ARENA 4.0 IDEA & TESTING THREAD
Battle Arena is an mIRC game in which you join and kill monsters and bosses to gain orbs and new weapons/skills/techniques. It's similar to DMC, as that's really the inspiration I drew from when I started working on it, but it includes more than just DMC monsters/bosses/weapons/items. The whole purpose was to make an mIRC game that is completely automated in terms of the battle system. There doesn’t need to be a DM around to do !next and control monsters, like in my other major mIRC bot ("Kaiou"). It's not supposed to be an RPG or taken too seriously, it's just meant to be a fun little waste of time.

This is going to be a thread for 4.0. Version 3.2 was released on December 21, 2016. I don't know exactly when 4.0 will be released but you can expect that it will be a while.

In the meantime, I'll be working on it and will come post what additions/changes/fixes I do on the bot throughout the thread. If you have any ideas or would like to see something, don't hesitate to post here. It may or may not make it into the bot depending on how difficult it would be to add using mIRC's scripting language.

Previous Threads
Battle Arena Battle Bot 1.0 - 1.2 Idea & Testing Thread
Battle Arena Battle Bot 1.3 Idea & Testing Thread
Battle Arena Battle Bot 1.4 Idea & Testing Thread
Battle Arena Battle Bot 1.5 Idea & Testing Thread
Battle Arena Battle Bot 2.0 Idea & Testing Thread
Battle Arena Battle Bot 2.1 Idea & Testing Thread
Battle Arena Battle Bot 2.2 Idea & Testing Thread
Battle Arena Battle Bot 2.3 Idea & Testing Thread
Battle Arena Battle Bot 2.4 Idea & Testing Thread
Battle Arena Battle Bot 2.5 Idea & Testing Thread

Battle Arena Battle Bot 3.0 Idea & Testing Thread

Battle Arena Battle Bot 3.1 Idea & Testing Thread

Battle Arena Battle Bot 3.2 Idea & Testing Thread

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

Beta Downloads
The "board betas" are no longer supported due to Github being much more efficient.  So please visit Github for the latest downloads.

Github
Visit my Github repository for the bot to download and see the updates.

~James~

#3 baracouda

baracouda

Junior

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:05 AM

Osiris on Kan-raHand DungeonKey can be killed as a normal monster and not as intented 

baracouda1.jpg

#4 Smz

Smz

Powerful GM

• Administrators
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:56 AM

I'm wondering if it's due to the $iif flag being set wrong on Osiris. From what I can tell from on how I was told on how that works, it should have different death conditions based on if it's in the dungeon or torment, but looks like it's not set right. I could try to see if I can fix it before going to sleep in a while, though it depends as I have to fix another boss with another issue and it has an annoying thing giving some issues.

Posted Image

#5 Smz

Smz

Powerful GM

• Administrators
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:50 AM

Guess you could say this is the first official 4.0 update. lol

I think that Osiris issue should be fixed. May or may not be the correct way, can see what Iyou says about that when he sees it. But seems to work now on Osiris. Hopefully it'll go live soon.

Updated new_boss.char and all for more of the template info and newer modifiers. Added one or two things to certain bosses and monsters. Also added a missing flag for certain portal bosses, which I'm not sure how it got overlooked to begin with.

Also, I have been debating on adjusting the True Strike thing on the werewolves... so I decided to go ahead and have that set to off for torment only battles. Or at least I think so if I didn't mess up on the $iif flag. lol If it still has that on in torment, will check it again.

And now for something not related to this update. I'm sure it was mentioned before, but it seems the Light element is favored a lot on the weapon melee, while there's barely any, or none on other elements. Didn't realize it was that bad until I was getting an elemental list done to fix a boss. I suppose one thing that can be done for 4.0 would to be add more to those. Probably will be just a bit for that, as it could be added as portal/dungeon rewards, or something else.

Posted Image

#6 baracouda

baracouda

Junior

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:41 AM

I am trying to tidy up the items and misc items I have . I came across this crafting ingredient .........  DarkOrichalcumIngot . 

!recipe search DarkOrichalcumIngot .....................  There are no recipes that use the ingredient DarkOrichalcumIngot

What do I do with it ??????????????????????

baracouda1.jpg

#7 baracouda

baracouda

Junior

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:29 PM

!seals ……….   lists all seals you have

!misc items  …lists all misc items you have including seals . Think it would be better if seals were only listed in !seals 

baracouda1.jpg

#8 Smz

Smz

Powerful GM

• Administrators
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:54 PM

Hm, seems it was added when most portal armor has +1 and +2 versions, but it seems the armor for this item was forgotten about. I don't know why it wasn't mentioned sooner, since it's been in the bot for who knows how long.

Looks it was for the Chaos armor that Legion drops. So if I was to add that, it won't be anything amazing and would just be for a +1 and +2 of that along the lines of how the Wizard armor is from the Ironclad portal boss, for an example.

Posted Image

#9 Smz

Smz

Powerful GM

• Administrators
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:30 PM

Okay, I just added a use for that item. It'll be for upgrading the Chaos armor set.

The stats will be like how the other upgraded portal armor is. Wasn't sure which +2 augment to go with, so I used EnhanceScythe since this armor set is based off the Final Fantasy XI armor.

I know there's another armor set from portals that's like this, though I'm not sure if that will get anything. If it does, it'll be the same stats and such like the others.

Posted Image

#10 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:42 AM

!misc items was changed so that seals are no longer displayed in that command.

Today's update is probably going to be unpopular but it's a necessary evil.  This update the minimum shop level increases after the player is level 100.  At level 100 the min is 2.0.  Right now the max is set to 5.0 and it would take level 2000 to reach that minimum.  The max may be increased at a later date.  Note that the VIP-membercard (and the +1) still lower the amount correctly but it won't show up in !shop level. 

Just to prove that it still works:

Minimum shop level is 5.0 for this test character.   Without the VIP-membercard on:

[08:39] <Iyouboushi> !shop list stats
[08:39] <BattleArena> Stat Prices in Red Orbs: TP+5 (750), IG [Ignition Gauge]+1 (4000), Str+1 (1250), Def+1 (1250), Int+1 (1250), Spd+1 (1250)

With the VIP-membercard on:

[08:39] <Iyouboushi> !shop list stats
[08:39] <BattleArena> Stat Prices in Red Orbs: TP+5 (600), IG [Ignition Gauge]+1 (3200), Str+1 (1000), Def+1 (1000), Int+1 (1000), Spd+1 (1000)

Anyway, I warned about this change last year.  I think it's ridiculous that a level 20,000 spends as much on a +1 str that a level 1 does.  So this change fixes it.  I've lowered the max to 5.0, down from 10.0, but I might raise it again later as the +1 membercard gives a -2 to the shoplevel.  But we'll see later.

~James~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battle arena, script, mirc, game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users