116 replies to this topic

#111 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,103 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

I really should probably start a new section on the board for the new bot but I just wanted to give a quick update to anyone who might be looking forward to trying it.  I'm getting pretty close, actually.  With today's update the game is basically playable though there are a few more things I need to add before I would say it's truly ready for alpha.  Basically here's what I need to do:

Spoiler

I originally said the end of June but then I kind of got addicted to a few other games that came out so it got pushed back a bit.  :XD:  Soon though, hopefully.  I'm curious to see how people react/enjoy the new game.

The cool thing about this game is that it's going to be very easy to modify to change it into something different but similar.  For example, right now it's really based on Final Fantasy XIV, it's going to have a lot of FF classes and familiar spells and stuff...but in the future if I ever wanted to make, say, a Marvel/Super Hero game using the same system.. it would be super easy to basically convert it over.  The stat types would be the same, but other than that the abilities and such would be easy to modify.  Heck, it would be easy to make the different classes be super heroes.  So instead of playing a warrior you could play as Hulk, which would have his abilities and such.  Another player could play Vision, or Iron Man, or Batman or whatever but still use their normal nicks on IRC (so multiple players could play as Hulk, in other words, but still use their normal nicks).

But for now it'll be Final Fantasy based. :XD:

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#112 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,103 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:56 PM

I'm about to drop a new update for BattleArena.  This is what I would consider part 1 of the Mythic Update.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned earlier in this thread that I wanted to add a customizeable "mythic" weapon where the players can set what type of weapon it is, what techs they want on it (within reason of course, sword mythics would need sword techs), what element it is, among other things.  To do this I've decided to create a new battle type that dishes out a new item that will be used to purchase and upgrade/change the mythics: Cosmic Battles.

Cosmic Battles are basically level 500 portals.  Unlike Torment battles there's no waves of enemies.  It's 1 vs players and it's always going to be a boss.  Unlike Torments there won't be a dozen different orbs.  There's going to be 1 orb and the player who uses it can determine what level of Cosmic Battles they want to endure.   The command to use a Cosmic Orb is: !use CosmicOrb #  where # is 1 to 100.   Winning a Cosmic Battle will reward the player with Odin Marks.  The number of Odin Marks you get is determined by the the level of the Cosmic Orb (basically level 1 = 1 mark, 2 = 2 marks, etc).  The level also affects the level of the boss that you will fight.  So in other words, players can choose if they want to risk a harder fight for higher rewards.  They can't out-level it like they can with torments as players will always be level 500.

Something important to note about Cosmic Battles: the bosses inside CAN ONLY BE HURT USING TORMENT WEAPONS!  And the torment weapon has to be in the RIGHT HAND if it's not a 2h weapon.  Techniques have to be done via the torment weapon (so if a +1 torment weapon shares techniques with the normal weapon, the normal weapon's techniques will not hurt the boss even though they will if performed via the torment weapon).

The recipe for a Cosmic Orb is: Diamond + LifeShard x500 + ArcaneDust x500 + ForgottenSoul x500 + ReusablePart x500

At this time I have not added any of the actual Mythic stuff.  So even though you can start to earn Odin Marks with this update you won't be able to spend them. 

The first part of this update is mostly for testing the Cosmic battles.  I won't take away anyone's Odin Marks but I need to see how hard/easy this is.  Testing Cosmic 1 locally was quite a challenge but not overly insane (like Misery Orbs or whatever).  It's doable but difficult, basically, as a mage.  I didn't test with a melee-heavy build yet. 

When I'm sure that everything is OK I'll be adding more cosmic bosses (right now it's just one) and then I'll work on actually adding the Mythic commands into the game.  And that's probably going to be the true endgame for the bot as the mythics won't have a cap on power but it'll take a ton of marks to grind it that high.  And when I'm done with making sure the mythic stuff is 100% OK, I'll probably be done with BattleArena.  I'm going to focus more on the new bot.  Not to say that I'll never ever positively return to BA for anything, as I might add new stuff here and there, but it won't be my primary focus any more.

Also with a later update to this I'm going to make it so that Cosmic 100 has its own special boss that will never appear anywhere else in the game.  To be honest though, i don't know if it's even physically possible for anyone to beat Cosmic 100 at the moment.  Maybe if you could gather enough level 500 people with the best gear...  maybe you guys can give it a shot for lulz.  But the special boss I'll be making will be harder than the only Cosmic boss at the moment lol. 

...I was re-reading this whole topic and I just realized I don't know if I ever got back around to fixing the Spawn-After-Death level issues.  Does anyone remember if I did or not? lol.   I also completely forgot all about making a kill coin potion effect and the Allied Operations.  I'll try to get those done before 4.0 is "finalized" as well. 

~James~

#113 Pentium320

Pentium320

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLębork, Poland

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:14 PM

It's been two weeks since I added enmity into BattleArena.  Any thoughts/opinions on it?  Is it even noticeable in this game?  I think it'll be more noticeable in the new game since I'm trying to make it so there are actual "tanks" that generate higher enmity and other jobs will have abilities/buffs that lower their enmity generation.

It's not *that* visible in normal battles, however in torments and dragon hunts it's definitely working. Well, Anguish is harder with it i guess, but I really like it! :)

Speaking about CosmicOrb, hmm.. I did 3 tests, with level 1, 10 and 100 (just for the lulz), so I guess feedback is mandatory.

Possible spoilers, so don't read, if someone testing want to have a surprise

Spoiler

Anyway, I like the idea, it will probably be even more fun when done with more ppl.

I was re-reading this whole topic and I just realized I don't know if I ever got back around to fixing the Spawn-After-Death level issues.  Does anyone remember if I did or not? lol.

I guess it was, you also added Gigaplasm as a boss, which uses that, and it works correctly, so...  :cheers:

76561198046295706.png

#114 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,103 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:33 AM

BTW. There comes a technical question - can't Cosmic bosses be auto-generated in some way? I guess that would be better idea than creating all cosmic bosses one by one, and just blacklist some of them to not appear in that battle. I think it is possible to be achieved

It is possible, of course, but I'd rather do it all manually this time.  The main reason is that there are some bosses who already have a ton of $iif statements in their files and I'd rather not have to add more to every other boss (or try to figure out a way to add even more to the ones who already do).  By making them new files I can do a lot more modifications to them, if I need to, and not worry about messing up something in the original file.

Plus by doing a .lst file with the bosses it's a lot faster.  The bot just has to pull a random line out of the .lst file rather than cycling through 195 files, checking for a IgnoreCosmic flag, adding them to a .txt or .lst file, randomizing that file and then randomly picking one from that file (which is pretty much what the bot does every time a battle happens where it needs a random monster or boss).

if I really had time and thought about it better I would have had a unique boss for each level of Cosmic Battles. Aris could have been cosmic 1, for example, and only cosmic 1.  It's possible for me to do this still, but I'd literally have to make sure that the .lst file has 100 lines (and just pull the line # for the cosmic level).  So I might end up doing that way later.  Unless people like the randomness of it.  Again, something that can be adjusted later after people try it out a bit more.

~James~

#115 Pentium320

Pentium320

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLębork, Poland

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:10 PM

Is Cosmic Jester supposed to be seen in normal battles?

[03:01:07] <BattleArena> -=BATTLE INFORMATION=-
[03:01:07] <BattleArena> [Turn #: 1][Weather: windy] [Moon Phase: Gibbous Moon] [Time of Day: Day] [Battlefield: Park]
[03:01:07] <BattleArena> [Darkness will occur in: 20 turns]
[03:01:08] <BattleArena> [Battle Order: baracouda, Cosmic_Jester, Gouki, KnightsNi, Aris, ZombieSalesman]
[03:01:09] <BattleArena> baracouda steps up first in the battle!

it looks like it's immune in such battle to everything, even legendary weapons

[03:09:11] <Pentium320> baracouda equips mjolnir
[03:09:12] <BattleArena> baracouda has equipped mjolnir in his right hand.
[03:09:17] <Pentium320> baracouda uses his thor'sgodforce on j
[03:09:20] <BattleArena> baracouda holds Mjolnir straight up into the sky. The sky darkens and lightning begins to strike the hammer, charging it up. After a moment baracouda aims it at Jester which sends a gigantic bolt of lightning into him
[03:09:20] <BattleArena> Jester is immune to this attack!
[03:05:04] <baracouda> !EQUIP Daedalus+1
[03:05:06] <BattleArena> baracouda has equipped Daedalus+1 in his right hand.
[03:05:25] <baracouda> !equip left Ochain 
[03:05:26] <BattleArena> baracouda has equipped Ochain in his left hand.
[03:05:47] -*- baracouda uses his Realmrazer on JESTER
[03:05:51] <BattleArena> baracouda rushes towards Jester to unleash a barrage of strikes upon Jester with the hammer!
[03:05:51] <BattleArena> Jester is immune to this attack!

76561198046295706.png

#116 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,103 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:01 PM

He's not supposed to appear in normal battles, no.  That's a serious bug.  And he has WonderGuard but I have it set up in a certain way so that it allows legendary weapons to hurt him IN cosmic battles.  He has no modifiers meaning outside of cosmic battles he's immune to literally everything.

Just synced a fix to keep him out of normal battles.

~James~

#117 baracouda

baracouda

Junior

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:14 PM

I have listed below my attacks on CosmicOrb 15 /25 and some notes 

CosmicOrb 15

bara attacks :-

Daedalus+1 .... BlackHalo tech  ..... The attack hits 2 times and does 24,108 total damage to Jester. [Maximum Style!]

Mjolnir ... Thor'sGodforce tech .... The attack does 18,725 damage to Jester. [Maximum Style!]

Kikoku+1/Kannagi+1 ... Blade:To tech ... The attack does 17,051 damage to Jester. [Maximum Style!]

Seveneyes .. Blizzara tech .. The attack did 16,951 damage to Jester! [Maximum Style!]

BahamutsStaff+1..... Ultima tech ..... The attack does 16,522 damage to Jester. [Maximum Style!]

Laevatein+1 ... FreezeII ...  The attack does 13,836 damage to Jester. [Maximum Style!]

Glyphs+1 .. Grando tech .. The attack does 13,371 damage to Jester. [Maximum Style!]

not listed techs below 10k 

Pentium320 Overdrive IG + Bloodboost 

Pentium320 with Mjolnir techs around 25/26k

bara Benediction IG

========================================================================

CosmicOrb 25

Pentium320 is level 622 and has an armor level of 233 ... Mjolnir techs around 16/17/18k

baracouda is level 603 and has an armor level of 226

bara attacks :-

Daedalus+1 .... BlackHalo tech ..  The attack hits 2 times and does 16,321 total damage to Cerberus. [Maximum Style!]

Mjolnir ... Thor'sGodforce tech .. The attack does 13,753 damage to Cerberus. [Maximum Style!]

Kikoku+1/Kannagi+1 .. Blade:Teki tech .. The attack does 11,600 damage to Cerberus. [Maximum Style!]

BahamutsStaff+1..... Ultima tech .. The attack does 11,409 damage to Cerberus. [Maximum Style!]

not listed techs below 10k 

Pentium320 Overdrive IG + Bloodboost ..... bara Benediction IG

Pentium320 with Mjolnir techs around 16/17/18k

The reason I have done that is to show you the advantage a melee guy has over a Wizard with Legendary weapons as there are more powerful weapons available to him . Taking that one step further , I guess but have no solid proof ( No one here has a set of speed armour ) that Magic is probably better than speed related weapons too  .

I think it would be fairer if there was a legendary Sacrament+1 weapon even though it uses up a hell of a lot of TP .

Your thoughts 

Secondly the following item seem to have no use and cant be used in any recipe :-

SlimeOil 

baracouda1.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battle arena, script, mirc, game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users