28 replies to this topic

#21 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,103 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

I still haven't tried that island yet. Maybe after I finish with the Gorons I'll try.
~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#22 ItsNotTheEd

ItsNotTheEd

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:55 AM

Well, I finally found some time to play over the last couple of days.  Managed to finish up the Zora's stuff, get the stealth armor, and make a ton of rupees.  Good recipe to sell is 5 raw prime meat for 210, and there are a ton of deer after the first great fairy fountain.

I've noticed myself changing my normal gaming style for this game.  I spend most of my time sneaking around and going for critical hits, or using the bow.  Usually I prefer using melee weapons.

I kind of wish this game had a farming mechanic, that way you could grow some of the harder to find plants.  Maybe even make it so that things can damage your crops, and if you aren't able to come back to it within a certain amount of time some of your crops are destroyed. You could even hire a local villager/traveler to take care of it while you're out adventuring.

REBEL AGAINST THE IYOUBOUSHI!! Even though this forum is new, I still stand firmly by my beliefs! He is out to get us! OUT TO GET US ALL!!

#23 Smz

Smz

Powerful GM

• Administrators
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:58 AM

I haven't posted in awhile on here, but of course I've done a lot more since then. All beasts done and stamina maxed out. I think I'm at around 90 shrines done, slowly getting to those since the majority aren't out in the open or need quests to get. Only have 130 or so Korok seeds, a lot more to go for the maxed weapon inventory slots. Found some armor that doesn't quite help me since I'm well past the point of needing it. I suppose good to have if I need it for electricity attacks.

I thought it was 120 for the x5 raw meat? Unless I'm forgetting a npc. Regardless, I do have a lot of those on hand so I can make them if needed. Most of mine came from wolves with the occasional deer or moose. I forget where, but there's also a npc who buys the raw gourmet meat for 100 rupees, but only three times a day.

Yeah, if you can do the sneak attacks a lot, that can save on weapon durability since one hit (if you have a strong enough weapon) is less than needing 2 or 3. Of course, there's certain enemies you either can't sneak up on, or are just fairly difficult to do so.

Posted Image

#24 ItsNotTheEd

ItsNotTheEd

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:12 AM

I thought it was 120 for the x5 raw meat? Unless I'm forgetting a npc. Regardless, I do have a lot of those on hand so I can make them if needed. Most of mine came from wolves with the occasional deer or moose.

Yeah, it is 120 for 5 plain raw meat, but if you make a skewer with 5 Prime raw meats, it shoots the price up to 210.

In an interesting discovery, I'm going to start searching for Durians and Big Hearty Radishes.  If you cook 5 of either, you get +20 and +25 extra hearts, respectfully.  I could see how that could definitely come in handy lol.

I enjoy exploring in this game.  Sometimes even more so than doing the actual story stuff.  I'm at the point in the game where I think my next step is to go see the Gorons, but I'm not too thrilled about the thought of being around lava.

REBEL AGAINST THE IYOUBOUSHI!! Even though this forum is new, I still stand firmly by my beliefs! He is out to get us! OUT TO GET US ALL!!

#25 Smz

Smz

Powerful GM

• Administrators
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:30 PM

Hmmm, maybe I'm thinking of something else then for the skewers.

Also, yeah, Durians and the Radishes are pretty nice. That's actually why I focused on stamina due to the temporary hearts thing. lol

Posted Image

#26 ItsNotTheEd

ItsNotTheEd

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:38 AM

Found some time to make it back to Hyrule yesterday.  Made a trip to the Goron City, and got my first piece of Flamebreaker armor.  I think next time I play, i'm going to go back on a hunt and try to make enough money to buy the rest of the armor. I didn't expect it to be 2500 for 2 pieces lol

#27 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,103 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:21 AM

The last time I played I finished with the Gorons and found the last tower I needed to have the whole map.  Also found the way to sneak into the Gerudo city but haven't actually done it yet.

I really haven't played in about two weeks now due to a few different factors including work, wanting to play FFXIV for a while, and the fact that my gamepad controller is having issues with the analog sticks.  I found a shrine that had another gyro puzzle (i.e. you're forced to use the gamepad) and it kept going bonkers on me and at one point the camera got stuck spinning in circles and nothing I did would fix it.  I ended up having to redo that shrine three times thanks to the constant problems I was facing with the gamepad.  Ugh. 

I bought some compressed air to see if maybe it was just dust caught in the controller or something but I haven't actually cleaned it out yet.  If that doesn't work my next option is to spend around $20 for replacement analog sticks and the screwdrivers necessary to open the gamepad up.  I'm just afraid that if I do that I'm going to mess something up and it'll be destroyed.  I'm not very good at repairing electronics and using tools lol.  But $20 is better than having to spend $160+ for a new gamepad (yes, seriously) so I'd be willing to try that first.

It just kind of killed my motivation a bit when having to redo that shrine so many times.  It was an annoying one too as the shrine had two gyro puzzles and a few other puzzles (it was fairly long) and it seemed like the controller always messed up on the last puzzle (though the second time the camera was going stupid even after the first one).

~James~

#28 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,103 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:51 PM

Just ordered new analog stick parts for the Wii U gamepad.  Hopefully I can actually install them without damaging/ruining the gamepad.  People say it's fairly easy but I'm not much of a hardware person lol.  But I'll find out in a few days.

Once (if?) I have the gamepad fixed I can resume BotW.

~James~

#29 Smz

Smz

Powerful GM

• Administrators
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:39 PM

Hopefully I'll be back to playing this. Just been focused on Final Fantasy XIV for the most part.

Also, I need to fix the recipes I have listed, as I messed up on the amount of hearts the food restores. Oops. lol

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nintendo, legend of zelda, open-world

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users