Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

Berserk Movie Announced

Berserk Movie Announced

Epic masterpiece manga Berserk has been announced as being adapted into a series of movies.

Reportedly the movie is intended as the first of a series covering “all” of the original manga.

A wide variety of doubts and concerns have already surfaced, such as whether film will be an original story, which parts of the manga it will cover if not, and whether it will be a proper movie as opposed to highlights or otherwise.

On the other hand, some are hopeful that all the carnage and sex of the original will survive the transition to a movie in a way in which they could not in a TV anime – particularly in light of the fact the manga and any anime based on it is in danger of being banned from general sale in Tokyo, although unless strictly 18+ the movie would be subject to the same restrictions.

Okay, raise your hand if you remember seeing the Berserk TV anime. Who in their right mind would think this would work as a live action movie? And "ALL" of the manga?? There's 35 volumes right now and no end in sight for this violent story. Not to mention that anime/manga->live action never works. Death Note movies anyone? Dragon Ball Evolution??

Oh well. As long as it doesn't have the Berserk anime opening I guess we'll be okay.

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#2 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

I suspect if they can do a Gantz movie, (2 in fact) then a Berserk movie is not that far of a stretch. For those not in the know, Gantz is also a super violent manga, with nigh as much nudity/sex as berserk (there's a monster made up entirely of naked women for god's sake, and this monster is loose in a city killing hundreds of people.)

I agree tho, if it goes the way of the Death Note moves I can't say I'll be terribly interested. I can only imagine gigantic crap cg Skull Knight running about.. ugh.

Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:15 AM

Whatever became of this? We've seen both the Gantz movies and the Kenshin movie come and go, but no word on this?

#4 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

Last I checked, they had the third movie of it earlier this year. I think they're out on blu-ray/dvd now. Looks like the first two are out here as well.

Viz Media - Berserk Movies

The third is out on blu-ray/dvd in Japan, so probably next year for it to be over here.

#5 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:33 AM

I meant a live action one. lol. I know of the animated ones that have been coming out. Or was this post before we knew they were animated?

#6 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

No, I think they were originally talking about a live action film. I haven't heard any news on it since the original post in this topic though. I think it might be dead in the water.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#7 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hmm, I haven't seen anything about the live-action one either.

#8 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:08 AM

It'd be a pretty massive undertaking, but not entirely impossible. If they can do pacific rim and movies like that, Berserk wouldn't be too far of a stretch.. however some things in berserk... lol it'd have to be rated X or at the very least NC-17.

#9 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

It's very unlikely that they'll ever release a Berserk live action film just because of that reason. There's no way an American studio will do it if it's going to be an X-rated or NC-17. If they do it they'll cut enough out to make it an R. A Japanese studio...hard to say if they'll do it or not.

I used to think that anime->live action was just awful (as I wrote in the opening post) but after seeing the RK live action..I know it can be done right. I just don't see it happening with Berserk though.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#10 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

for sure. I would however love to see a Berserk anime done right. (and not just Ovas either) It could easily be as epic as DBZ or Naruto and as long... but I do think perhaps it could be shortened in some areas (pretty much anything before everyone goes all demon)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users