17 replies to this topic

#11 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,911 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:02 AM

I now own Clash of Kings, the second book in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,911 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Wow, haven't updated this in a while. I don't remember exactly when, but I got A Storm of Swords and A Feast For Crows books 3 and 4 of the "Song and Ice and Fire" series. I'm about halfway through A Storm of Swords. It's not as interesting as the two prior books. Plus it keeps adding tons and tons of new characters so it's getting to the point where I can't even remember who everyone is any more.

Today I went to the local used book store and bought three mysteries.

Ellery Queen: The Chinese Orange Mystery

and two Poirot mysteries:

The Murder on the Links
Murder in Three Acts

According to the list of Poirot novels I have, The Murder on the Links is #2 and Murder in Three Acts is #10 (also known as Three Act Tragedy). The one I just finished reading, Evil Under the Sun is #23.

I sort of wish I had started reading them in order rather than jumping all over the place, but at least I can see how different Poirot acts throughout his "career" (so to speak).

~James~

#13 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,911 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

I went ahead and got one more Poirot mystery since it was an extra 25% off at the used book store. I should have probably gotten a few more but I just spent a lot in getting my passport application processed and whatnot (but that's another story for a different day).

I got the book The Clocks (which is #34 in my list).

Now I just need to sit down and read all these. :XD:

~James~

#14 Smz

Smz

Feudal Lord

• Administrators
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

It's been a bit, though the only books I've gotten recently are related to The Dresden Files:

• Small Favor
  • Turn Coat
  • Changes

Posted Image

#15 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,911 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

I've long forgotten about this topic. lol.  2013.  Yikes.

I never got around to listing the manga I own in here either.  I guess I can work on that real quick.

Rurouni Kenshin "VizBig" editions 1, 3, 6

Bleach volumes 1-26 single volumes, 34-36 Viz 3-in-1

Rurouni Kenshin Japanese volumes 1-5, 15, 17, 18, 26

DMC 3 volume 1

English Shounen Jump 2010 (complete set)

English Shounen Jump 2012 volume 4 (final volume ever published here)

Death Note Black Edition 1

And I've decided I'm going to try to collect the Dragon Ball manga now that Viz has released the series in their 3-in-1 series (they previously released them in "VizBig" which is comparable to the Kanzenban releases, i.e. the best release you can get with original colored pages and whatnot but they're pretty expensive).  I'm going to start with the Android/Cell saga since that's my favorite arc of the series.  Figure I'll order 1 or 2 a month (that's 3 to 6 volumes) and try to collect them over time. I actually found volumes 10 and 11 (that's DB volumes 28-33 in single volumes) for cheaper than amazon so I went ahead and ordered those.  Hopefully next month when black friday/cyber monday rolls around there will be a decent deal on the next two lol.

As for non-manga, actual books..  I don't think I've really bought any in quite a while.  I've been reading stuff via Kindle which isn't quite the same thing.  It also doesn't help that the cool discount book store went out of business.  The last book that was actually purchased was by Bri and she bought the latest Vampire Chronicles book (#12): Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis but neither of us have read it yet.

~James~

#16 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

I switched to Audible since our house would otherwise easily be overrun with books. I get a free book every month and I can just listen to it, so I can game or whatever while I hear a book. Otherwise we use kindle too, or just borrow books from the library. 

Posted Image Posted Image

#17 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,911 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:08 AM

Just ordered the next two DB 3-in-1 series (so volumes 12 and 13 which has DB volumes 34-39) since Amazon has a code going on (BOOKGIFT17) that gives a $5 discount (good until the 17th, if anyone reading this wants to use it).

So woo.  I'll have all of the Android/Cell saga and most of the Buu saga after this.

Now I just need to find a place to put them.

~James~

#18 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,911 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:13 AM

Just ordered the 3-in-1 volumes #6, #7 and #14 which has volumes 16-21, 40-42.  In other words, when this shipment arrives I'll have all of the Cell and Buu sagas, the end of original Dragon Ball and I believe all of the Saiyajin saga. That'll just leave two volumes to have all of Z and then I'll start trying to collect the rest eventually.

It's been pretty fun re-reading DB though.  I forgot how much I really enjoy the story, even if it does start to become kind of silly with the number of powerups and the "no, now I'm stronger than you!" "haha you just thought so, let me power up and now I'm stronger than YOU" (repeat)

I probably should have been ordering them in order though since it's going to be weird to finish the series and then start over from the end of DB/start of Z.  Ah well.  :XD:

~James~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users