square-enix final fantasy

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:20 PM

Huh. Any time you hear about a FF7 remake every year at E3 is just kind of like:

Posted Image

"No! ... HA!"

...But this time, it's real. No lie.

Seeing as how S-E has always said no or how it wouldn't be possible. Though I guess it's more possible on PS4 compared to the PS3. Apparently it won't just be PS4 only, only said PS4 first.

inb4 complaints about it being FF7 and not another one.

Welp, I know for sure I'm getting a PS4 in the future. lol

Edited by Smz, 05 December 2015 - 06:03 PM.

#2 KuroMa

KuroMa

Shinigami Vice Captain

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:31 PM

I'm not sure I understand what the narration's about... Are they talking about Jenova?

I wasn't keeping up with E3 news (in fact I'm reading this thread before the E3 one) so I had no idea about this remake. It looks so... current. I mean, FF7 really had that PSX-era game feel (since it helped define it), this remake with realistic 3D graphics and Hollywood movie-style narration and soundtrack makes me think of the more recent FFs and Metal Gear Solids and your generic action movie.

It's the current times I guess. I feel old. Kids these days. :psyduck:

#3 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 02:54 PM

Yeah, they're talking about Jenova on that (the calamity from the stars) and the reunion stuff. Though I don't know about the promise thing, unless that means just them doing this now. I do know they said they will do some story changes as well, but won't know more until later in the year. I heard a rumor of them having Cloud in the Advent Children outfit, but that wouldn't make sense and looks like the SOLDIER outfit on the trailer.

I really haven't on E3 either. More or less not much that really interested me, though a few things did.

Indeed, it does make me think of the recent FF and MGS games. But that really shouldn't be a surprise from Square-Enix since they've been going in that direction anyway. lol

#4 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:44 PM

Only thing that's been said so far is that there will be a drastic change on how battles will be. Obviously not going to be a shooter, will still stay familiar. Wonder if that means going FFXV style or FFXIII style.

#5 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:00 PM

New trailer for the game:

Spoiler

Looks like it'll be FFXV style on it going more action oriented, or maybe FF Type-0. English voices as well on the trailer.

I like how one of the comments says Cloud looks sickly... which I say is intended considering if you saw the flashback (which could be easy to miss) on the original FFVII, or if you played Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. Since Cloud was in a mako-induced coma at some point and really wasn't with it mentally until the end of Crisis Core. Which then he saw Zack die, and more or less, FFVII starts right after that. I need to play the original before I do get a PS4 and that when it's released. lol

Barrett almost looks and sounds like the Wesley Snipes version of Blade, except with a gun on his arm and not a sword. I do like how he sounds, though not quite sure yet on Biggs, Wedge, Jessie, and Cloud. lol

#6 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:21 PM

And a load of new information. The game is going to be split into episodes. Not sure how that's going to be considering how long the game can be. They say if they do a full release, they would end up having to cut out some parts and such.

It will be called Final Fantasy VII Remake, just so it's not confusing (as mention the original FFVII was just released on the PS4.) Other companies are assisting on the development, apparently. One of the listed companies is CyberConnect2.

Reason for the Advent Children models not being used is that they're too deformed. I thought the characters were fairly realistic on that? lol Says the currently trailer is in-game rendering as well. Can change the camera angle during the train scene as well.

Cloud looks skinny due to his white skin and lighting. So just a skinny white boy, got it. (Yeah, I know he had forced Mako infusion, though he never made it into the SOLDIER program .) I just find that explanation to be funny. lol

That whole cross-dressing thing will be in the remake too.

The ATB gauge is there, but won't be quite the same in the traditional sense as well. Nomura says you should pay attention when it turns red. You'll be able to switch three party members freely (I'm going to guess Cloud, Barret, and Tifa after the bombing mission thing.) You can also control one character if you don't want to switch. On that I'm guessing like FF Type-0 where you can control one, but switch around. Battle speed and tempo is going to be somewhat like Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts, but no actions that'll require a technique. Limit breaks will appear with new ways to be used. I think the trailer in the previous post does show that with Barret using his first one. I wonder how that'll work for Tifa, as her limit is lined up as a slot and gets longer as the game goes on.

Says new locations you can explore in Midgar that you couldn't on the original. Sounds like there will be some story changes to have some surprise and not just be pure nostalgia. Wondering if that means stuff about Crisis Core and such, as those obviously wasn't around back when FFVII was first released.

#7 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:17 PM

It certainly looks to me that it's drawing some inspiration from Kingdom Hearts. If I recall, II had limit break-esque moves that you could use.

Honestly if it goes that route, I'm all for it. If they keep leveling and Materia in the mix, heck yes. From what I've seen of it, I'm already all SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY S-E, but I'll for sure be keeping an eye out for news on it as well.

Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:04 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND it's been delayed.  GG SE lol.

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#9 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 01:37 AM

LOL

Why am I not surprised? Seems like it's always like this with Square-Enix on console games. Good luck seeing it on the PS4 at this rate. I mean... we're already on two years on it being announced. lol

#10 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:52 PM

Supposed to be more info next month. Inb4 another delay or PS5 only.

I notice they intentionally avoid showing Tifa, despite seeing her name on the combat sections. Inb4 not showing her being in the Advent Children outfit instead of the FF7 one or Sony forcing censorship. Which wouldn't be a surprise with how overboard Sony is going on that, as they have been for quite some time.

Anyway, so far it still looks like KH or FFXV combat, potentially the XV character swap thing? Not quite sure.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: square-enix, final fantasy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users