Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:13 AM

Hmm

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age Journeys West September 4

I loved Dragon Quest 8 when it came to PS2 (probably one of my favorite RPGs ever made, although it's super grindy).  I'll be watching this one with interest.  I'm curious to find out if they make any other changes beyond UI and voice acting.

I kind of wish they would bring Dragon Quest X over here. I know it's another MMO that I'd probably never have time to actually play but I think it'd be pretty fun to play that (especially with friends lol). 

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#62 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:23 PM

Welp, it's that time of year where there's a lot of fake stuff going around. There's a lot of these that you can see the compilation that Gematsu has. I would legit play some of these if they were real. LOL

A Bloodstained update was posted saying you could mine cryptocurrency if your pc meets the requirements.

Not posting it in the actual topic since it's fake. lol

Capcom being silly:

Mega Man Date My Robot Master

Japanese page posting a bunch of fake robot masters for the upcoming Mega Man 11. Pictures in order are:

Whip Man, Necro Man, Reel Man, Bit Man, Shogi Man, Career Woman, Dark Roll, Wolf Man, Faucet Man, Shower Man, Transparent Man, and Man.

Going to post one more, which is a spin-off of Let It Die, called Let It Date. They have the pics on the gallery as well.

"Senpai, do you even golf?!?!"

So silly. :XD:

#63 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:39 PM

Free-to-play MMO Tera Launches Today on PS4

So it's another MMO that is free to play.  That means there's a cash shop and tons of microtransactions, I bet.

It's supposedly an action based MMO meaning you need to pay attention to aiming, where you're hitting, how you're dodging, etc. 

I haven't decided if I'm going to try this out yet or not.  With how little time I have at all to play anything I probably won't bother right now but I'd like to at least see what it's like in case anyone wants to stream it..

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#64 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:52 PM

With a 44 gb download... I don't think I will. Plus I already know I'll have issues even playing the game. lol

#65 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:30 PM

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2 will be released on July 24th, two days before it is in Japan. Can either get both on discs or buy them digital. Switch version is the first is on the cart while it's digital for the second. First one will have Mega Man X 1 - 4, while the second will have Mega Man X 5 - 8.

Features for the game are: Easy Mode, Multi-boss challenges (three modes and leaderboards), improved visuals and options, and a museum with art, music, and the Day of Sigma thing from the PSP version. Or at least that's what it sounds like from the description.

Also... it looks like Microsoft is now getting ORIGINAL Xbox games on the Xbox One backwards compatibility. Starting of with 19 games, either by using the original disc or buying it on the store. Now it's becoming tempting to get one since you don't have to pay for a service like Sony to play older games. Will wait and see what they add in the future.

List of the 19 games:

April 17th
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Breakdown
Conker: Live & Reloaded
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Hunter: The Reckoning
Jade Empire
Panzer Dragoon Orta
SSX 3

April 24th
Destroy All Humans!
Full Spectrum Warrior
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
MX Unleashed
Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Battlefront II
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Star Wars Republic Commando

#66 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:33 AM

With how little time I have at all to play anything I probably won't bother right now but I'd like to at least see what it's like in case anyone wants to stream it..

Hint hint hint. lol

I don't get into MMOs too much, but if I can get it free or cheap I may give it a go. 

Also I will be picking up the MMX collection, it will fit nicely alongside my MM collection I don't play lol.

Posted Image Posted Image

#67 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:12 PM

Welp, Capcom just announced that Puzzle Fighter will be gone on July 31st... which will make it only eight months since release.

#68 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:48 AM

Man. That kind of makes me mad. I JUST got Dante unlocked after spending months. Why even bother releasing the game at all if it's going to get shut down in 8 months!? Or at least add some kind of single player mode (or let us access the one it already has! although the AI is awful and you can only do 3 offline matches a day).

Ugh. And people wonder why I don't really like playing "always online" games.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#69 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:22 PM

Bright side, Capcom is doling out 10,000 (whatevers) so you can get what you want in the game before they kill it. (not that it matters really,)

This brings to mind something I was wondering about..  I know there are a bunch of phone games that have come and gone over the years.. is there anywhere where you can download them now and play them (like on your PC or whatever? ) Pirates (or companies in general) could do well re-releasing some of them I'd think. 

I mean since they're dead, the pay option is kinda out, so why not do like they did with Marvel Puzzle Quest, drop it on consoles and release things as DLC, or just charge a flat rate and let you unlock stuff as you go. 

Posted Image Posted Image

#70 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:40 PM

Hmm, most likely would depend on the game. Games like Dokkan usually check the servers all the time, so it's most likely unplayable without them. I'd imagine almost all free to play games would be like that. I know there's other games that aren't free to play, but I don't know if those check servers or anything. Haven't really looked since most of them is always touch controls without controller support.

I saw something about a month ago for Puzzle Fighter being rated for consoles and PC in Europe... but that may or may not mean anything. If there is, probably won't be until after the mobile one shuts down.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: games, wii u, ps3, ps4, pc, xbox, xbone, general, discussion, news

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users