• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#11 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

We have a release date for Dragon Ball FighterZ - Jan. 26th! I'm so ready! 

Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:33 AM

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Gotenks, Kid Buu, and Adult Gohan

hIfQbZc.jpg

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#13 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:03 PM

Oh freakin' Sweet! I was hoping Adult Gohan would pop up! Also yay Gotenks and Kid Buu! Seems they have the whole of Z covered now, just need Raditz. 

I'm really hoping for some Super Characters to pop up, Goku Black and Hit would be neat additions, as well as Beerus. Conversely, since we have Yamcha, it'd be interesting to see some regular DB characters pop up too, mostly the Assassin guy, but aside from him.... WE...NEED...ROSHI!  ROSHI OR WE RIOT!!! 

#14 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:56 AM

Supposedly there will be 27 characters in the game of which we know 21 of those.  That leaves 6 characters that we don't know about.

I did see an alleged leaked roster (but now I can't find the picture again, d'oh) which showed Beerus, Hit, and Goku Black as playable characters so that would be 24 of the 27. I've also heard rumors that Android 17 would be on there too (but wouldn't be listed on the main roster, you'd have to select him by pressing UP on Android 18 or something like that). 

I wonder if those leaks are real and who the other two characters would be.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#15 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:32 AM

Yep.  Those three are confirmed now.

DQ7LeKMWAAEkuAp.jpg

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#16 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:24 PM

YEEEEESSSSSSS!!! Roshi for the BINGO! and Jiren for good measure. 

#17 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:45 AM

I'd die if Roshi somehow made it into the game.  That'd be amazing. Or even Mr. Satan.  :XD:

Anyway, here's a trailer for the game.  It looks amazing.

And someone has taken the score cards of every character's stats and given them numbers (SS = 5, C=1, etc) and put it into a spreadsheet.  At a glance you can tell which characters are probably going to be overpowered but as with all fighting games it really depends on the skill level of the player.  Still, it's interesting to see.

zLYOdbj.jpg

The too long, didn't read of that chart is:  Beerus is the strongest (at 21 combined points) and both Kuririn and Yamucha are the weakest at 13.   I'm not sure if I really agree with the developers since they made Freeza, Cell and Hit all be the same combined point level (17) but what can ya do?  In the end, just like power levels, it's all kind of pointless (since, like I said, it'll depend on the player's skill level more than the in-game stats).

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#18 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:57 AM

Likely to reflect current Frieza stats. He's back in the anime and again on par with Goku. (been training a lot in the afterlife apparently) 

also, I'm guessing the last 3-4 characters will be a mystery as some are supposed to hit as DLC. Don't wanna reveal that too early I'd assume, especially since the game comes out next month. 

#19 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:32 PM

Back again? Wow, they really like him or something. Actually getting kind of tired of him always getting brought back by now, especially with this now being twice he's on par with Goku? Though I haven't seen the anime, and I know it's so far ahead of the manga.

Of course, I'd expect Beerus to be fairly strong since he is a God of Destruction after all. lol

#20 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:39 AM

Haha yeah, Goku had to recruit a team of 10 fighters for the Tournament of Power to determine the strongest Universe (winner gets to live and others get erased) so he picks Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, Krillin, 17, 18, Tien, Roshi and Buu, but buu falls into a coma and wont wake up so he substitutes him with Frieza. (because I guess Yamcha is worthless and why even consider Trunks/Goten) 

But yeah Frieza is back via Baba (for 24hrs) and apparently has trained even more since he got killed the last time, so he's stronger than his gold form now, which according to Beerus (who watched them fight) Put Frieza on par with Goku and his Blue form. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dragon ball, nes, snes, ps2, psx, ps4, xbone, 360, and more

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users