#1 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:48 PM

MvCI.jpg

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is the next entry in the Marvel vs Capcom fighting game series.  This is the 6th main entry in the MvC series.  Like previous installments players can control characters from both the Marvel Comics and Capcom universes to compete in tag team battles. 

Infinite features two-on-two fights as opposed to three-on-three format used in previous titles.  The series' traditional character assists have been removed; instead, the game incorporates a tag-based combo system, which allows players to form continuous combos between their two characters. It also introduces a new gameplay mechanic in the form of the Infinity Stones, which temporarily bestow players with unique abilities and stat boosts depending on the type of stone selected. The game is planned for release in September 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows.

Infinite was designed to be more accessible than previous Marvel vs. Capcom games, resulting in departures from some series' mainstays, such as assists. The game will also feature a larger emphasis on storytelling, with its own cinematic story experience. The plot follows the heroes and villains of the Marvel and Capcom universes, who must work together to save their merged worlds against a new threat, Ultron Sigma.

Trailers

Spoiler

Character Roster

Spoiler

The game will be released September 19, 2017.

I figure we can use this thread to talk about the game.  I imagine more will be revealed at E3 next week.

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#2 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:45 PM

So someone who has been fairly reliable for leaks has posted an alleged roster for the game.  Obviously I have no way to confirm or deny this, so take it with a grain of salt. 

Capcom

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Marvel
Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

If this list turns out to be true then it means that Sigma will be a DLC character and not with the base game (which is a little odd considering he's the main antagonist this time) and I've also heard that Venom will be DLC.  There's also some weird choices on both sides.

Not surprising there's a lot of people around the internet whining and complaining about the roster.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#3 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:23 PM

New trailer from E3:

I don't know what it is but some of the models just look really bad to me. Chun-Li, especially, looks awful.  LOLOLOL

But this confirms that Dante will be in it.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#4 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:15 PM

The official trailer on the official youtube channel.  Oddly the scene where Dante tosses Rocket ebony & ivory was completely cut out.  Seriously, WTF?  I had to double check to make sure I wasn't going crazy but it's still visible in the video I posted in the previous post if you want to see for yourself. I have no idea why they would cut that out of the trailer though.  0_o

As for the demo.. it's fairly short and shows even less of the story than what the trailers have shown over the last two days.  I didn't find it that bad, though I'm not very good at fighting games so I can't really be a good judge of mechanics and whatnot. Unfortunately the demo switches characters constantly so it's hard to really learn how to even play anyone.  I guess for a demo, though, it's not that bad.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#5 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:27 PM

I really can't believe Capcom was okay showing how bad Chun-Li and Dante look, compared to SFV or even Marvel vs Capcom 3.. Makes me wonder if this was outsourced or something. Graphics themselves are fine, but good lord. lol

#6 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:42 PM

They've gone back and tried to improve some of the models, namely Chun-Li and Dante.  Here's Dante now..

Posted Image

Better..but still not great, imo.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#7 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:46 AM

That is better on Dante, and I did see the newer Chun-Li model. Though sadly, the Chun-Li model still doesn't look as nice as the Street Fighter V one. lol

#8 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:27 AM

maybe its me, but I don't see the problem with the Dante model, or the Chun Li one either. 

Posted Image Posted Image

#9 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

They've adjusted them since the first trailers/release info.  Here's what they used to look like:

mvci-dantechun.jpg

Aside from the weird derp face Chun-Li is making, she was missing most of her eyebrows.

Dante just looked off..  here's another pic:

DCLOzcpVoAAOgns.jpg

They've since "fixed" the models.  At least they look better now lol.  I still think Dante looks a little off in the pic I posted before this post but it's way better than it was.

Here's the fixed Chun-Li model since I forgot to post that:

newchunli.jpg

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#10 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:20 AM

HAHAHAHAHA ok, I get it now. Wow. Dante's got that pervy pedo stare down before the fix.  

Dante: Come here little child..hehehehehehehehehe *snort*

and yeah, haha Chun Li totally looks shot out of a cannon too. The fix improved her greatly. 

Posted Image Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ps4, marvel vs capcom, marvel, capcom, fighting game, xbone, windows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users