• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

Dead Fly + Dare - 'A' Grade = Angry Student

Dead Fly + Dare - 'A' Grade = Angry Student
Teen Shocked When Teacher's Promise Ends In "Fail"

EL DORADO HILLS, Calif. (CBS13) ―

A local student says he ate a dead fly on a dare from his teacher when he was promised a good grade, but was angered when he said the teacher went back on his word.

Stephen Zeldag, a student at Oak Ridge High School in El Dorado Hills, said his Algebra II teacher crushed a fly between his hands during class last month and dared any of his students to eat it.

"He said, 'If anybody eats this fly then I will give them an A on this test,'" Stephen said. He volunteered and swallowed the fly, sealing the deal with a handshake with his teacher.

"I didn't think he was joking at all," he said.

Stephen didn't get an A on his test: He got an F, with a score of nine out of 46.

"He said that I told you I'd give you an A on your test, so here's your A, but it's not going in the gradebook," Stephen said.

The teacher even wrote, "Here is your A on your test," when he returned the paper to the student.

Stephen claims he realized what he thought was a deal was really just a joke at his expense.

When we contacted the principal at Oak Ridge High School to get their side of the story, the principal said it was the first time he heard about it. Stephen said he was afraid to tell his principal because his teacher would punish him.

"I usually study, but not this one," Stephen said. "I thought it would be an easy way out."

Stephen said he did ask to retake the test but the teacher refused.

We did try to talk to the teacher in question, but the principal said he would not be able to comment. The principal said he is launching an investigation into the incident.

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users