square-enix dragon quest musou

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:11 PM

I thought I had posted about this, but I guess not. Maybe it was via text or something to Iyou. Anyway, this was mentioned back in September, Square-Enix is doing like Nintendo and having their own Dynasty Warriors game, but Dragon Quest themed instead. Will be on PS4/PS3 for this one.

Not sure if I will, already have enough of a grind on just Hyrule Warriors, with still a lot to go on that game. If so, probably when it goes on sale, unless I'm burned out by that point.

It's to be released in the Spring of 2015.

Trailer #1 (PS4)

Trailer #2 (PS4)

Both of them are in Japanese though. Only characters I recognize are just the two from Dragon Quest VIII (Never really played much of this series, except for 1, 8 and 9.)

1409578692-7.jpg

Gives you the basic idea.

1409576301-5.jpg

And in typical fashion, a themed version of a console, which I'm sure is Japan only like the majority of them. lol Though that's a nice touch having the liquid metal slime on it as well.

#2 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:39 AM

That console is pretty neat lol.

Dynasty Warriors meets Dragon Quest is a perfect union for grinding though.  DQ games are grindfests to begin with on their own.

I, however, don't think I have the patience for any more grinding like that after HW lol.  Though maybe in a few years when the game is in the $5 bin I might be tempted to pick it up.  Although, much like Smz, I haven't played any DQ games except 8 (70 hours worth but never beat) and some of 1 (a few hours).

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#3 Andrio Celos

Andrio Celos

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationAngel Falls

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:57 AM

I noticed a lot of familiar characters just in the thumbnail of the second trailer~ Though I recognise a lot of them only from Itadaki Street.

I see... Jessica Albert, a healslime, the Tsarevna Alena (whom I've added to Battle Arena), Bianca Whittaker, and the priest Kiryl. Yangus is also present. No one I recognise from IX though (aww).

I was impressed by the trailer itself, too. I'm not sure what to say, specifically, but I find the animation fluid and the art tasteful. Unfortunately I haven't yet played Hyrule Warriors. I'd like to, though.

Is there actually a liquid metal slime on that console?

As long as we stand, we will fight!

Posted Image

#4 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:49 PM

Not sure about it actually being metal, it's probably just plastic. But yeah, that's a liquid metal slime. Yeah, looks like no characters from IX that I can tell.

#5 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:05 AM

And in typical Square-Enix logic, it's only going to be on PS4 outside of Japan. Welp, I was thinking of trying it on PS3, but not anymore since it'll be PS4 only (Yet it's on both in Japan.)

Maybe it'll be on sale when I do get a PS4, if I do.

#6 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:06 PM

Sigh.  Why SE?  Why? It couldn't be that much more work to have the ps3 version too.  Not everyone has a PS4 yet and this isn't a game that would get me to get one.

Well it'll really be in the bargain bin by the time I get a PS4 lol.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#7 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:04 PM

I know you can import, but uhh, I'd rather play the game in English. lol Plus that costs a lot anyway.

#8 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:12 PM

Best Buy supposedly has a date of 10/13/2015 set for the game being released out here. Not quite sure if it's official, but as posted before, it'll be PS4 only here.

Not sure what the Japanese subtitle is, but for here it looks like: "Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and Blight Below."

That rhyming. lol

#9 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:20 PM

The Japanese title is ドラゴンクエストヒーローズ: 闇竜と世界樹の城  or roughly Dragon Quest Heroes: The Dark Dragon and the World Tree Castle.  Techncially "The World Tree" could also just be Yggdrasil (so  The Dark Dragon and Yggdrasil's Castle). 

Dat subtitle change.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#10 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:03 PM

Dragon Quest Heroes 2.jpg

Just three months after the Japan release, Square-Enix just announced Dragon Quest Heroes II will be out in Spring 2016 in Japan. Will be on PS4, PS3, and Vita. Let me guess, out here it'll only be on PS4, right? And yeah, it is October for it to be released out here on the first one.

New story and characters, obviously. Says something about four-player multiplayer. Not sure if local co-op or true online. If it is online... gg Hyrule Warriors on being able to be online.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: square-enix, dragon quest, musou

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users