Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

Boy spends 15-hours a day playing Xbox 360

Boy spends 15-hours a day playing Xbox 360

The Sun is reporting on teenager Zach Richardson, a 17-year-old UK native who has a slight addiction to video games that rings to the tune of fifteen hours per day. Unemployed, he sits in front of his television for a little over half a day, everyday, playing Call of Duty or FIFA to his hearts content. While he acknowledges he has a problem, he doesn't seem all that compelled to resolve it.

"It is really distressing but I just cannot help it." Zach states.

Despite not leaving the house for days on end, being cast aside by friends and teetering on the brink of losing his girlfriend, his mother doesn't really seem all the interested either in taking steps to help her son, "There is nothing that I can do to stop him playing." continuing on saying, ""Doctors have warned him of the health risks but playing video games is the only thing that makes him happy." But perhaps most asinine would be her statement, "I do not want to upset him by taking his consoles away."

Well mom, I don't know what to tell you. But, unless you want an unemployed kid sitting in front of his television for the next several years playing the part similar to a bump on a log, it might be high time you took the console away and did something about it. This is yet again a case of parents not stepping in to do the right thing when it comes to their kids, which The Sun invariably attempts to pass off seemingly as video game addiction.

Under proper circumstances, anyone can become addicted to anything if they fail to take it in moderation. So, all I can say is that this parent needs to knuckle up and do what she has to, even if it means upsetting her little baby boy to send him a clear message that he can't wallow away his life hunting for that next goal, kill or achievement.

Moderation is not difficult people - Nevertheless, how many hours per day do you spend playing video games? How much do you think is too much?

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users