Bleach Thread 2 - We Waited 5 Weeks for THIS?

bleach anime manga

• Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

#1 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

Bleach is a manga series by Tite Kubo, the mangaka of Zombie Powder. It follows the life of Ichigo Kurosaki, a 15-year-old high school student with the ability to see ghosts, and a shinigami ("death god") named Rukia Kuchiki, who crosses paths with him one day while searching for a hollow (an evil spirit). During the ensuing confrontation with the spirit, she is wounded and forced to transfer virtually all of her powers into Ichigo. Thus the adventures of Ichigo and Rukia begin. Together they search for hollows and perform soul burials on wayward souls, cleansing the spirits and sending them to Soul Society. The early parts of the story focus mainly on the characters and their past, rather than the actual occupation of the shinigami. However, as events unfold, the story begins to delve deeper into the world of these shinigamis on the "other side" called Soul Society.

If you're reading this thread then you should already know that. This thread will contain HEAVY SPOILERS and LATEST CHAPTER DISCUSSIONS! If you're not caught up then you should head on over to Manga Fox and catch up. Though I recommend you read the latest chapters from Manga Stream instead.

Now then..

Five weeks ago Kubo took time off from Bleach so that he could deliver the best story that he possibly could. For five weeks speculation has run wild and we've all wondered what would happen when it came back. Well, with chapter 547 Bleach is back in Shounen Jump and it's..............exactly the same as before the break. We waited five weeks for this!? :lolkubo:

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#2 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

Bleach547.jpg
Bleach 547 [MS] [Unix]

A rather lackluster chapter for me considering that we waited 5 weeks for it. However, we do learn a few things that were at least somewhat interesting..

Spoiler

The full spread colored page of Ichigo in front of all the characters was nice at least.

bleach-4430879.jpg

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#3 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

bleach548.jpg
Bleach 548 [MS] [Unix]

Another slow chapter. And gee, look at that. The guy who stole his captain's bankai is going to fight him. And the fire guy is going to fight the ice midget. WHAT ARE THE ODDS!?

:lolkubo:

Although I will say, I do enjoy Hitsugaya and Matsumoto teaming up to fight the guy, combining their powers. Tactical fights are always more interesting than the straight out brute MY POWER LEVEL IS HIGHER ones.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#4 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

Yeah, that is nice to see actual teamwork instead of the usual thing. Though why am I not surprised the character the fangirls/fanboys like the most will probably win just fine? XD As for Oomaeda, I wonder if that Quincy will use Soifon's rocket launcher bankai against him and wipe out a huge area of Soul Society. lol

#5 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Bleach lost me after the Soul Society/ My dad's a shinigami arc.

Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

BG9.png

Bleach Chapter 549: [MangaStream] [Unix]

Spoiler

This actually came out yesterday, but just now posting about it today.

And in typical Shounen style, their attacks have no effect! Ugh. Oh, hey, Soifon. You finally mastered Shunko? Guess what? It doesn't matter, you're still apparently useless! lol

More less, just another :lolkubo:

#7 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Yeah. I really don't know why Kubo took five weeks off then. You would expect him to come up with something better in a five week hiatus. Instead it's literally the same stuff we've had before... lolshounen. :lolkubo:

I only read Bleach to see how it ends. I've invested too much time to just give up on it now. But believe me, if I wasn't this invested I probably would've dropped it a while ago.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#8 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

Can I laugh if it ends on a cliffhanger? :XD:

#9 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

:suicide:

Although at this point we should be glad it hasn't been canceled yet like Zombie Powder or whatever. It's not like Bleach is up there in the top 3 any more.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#10 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

I stopped caring about Bleach a long while ago.. but yeah I'm curious to see how it ends too.

Posted Image Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bleach, anime, manga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users