#12 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:31 PM

Wait no more!

Also, I streamed an hour-ish last night.  I'm really enjoying playing this game online (unlike FighterZ, which actually makes me kind of mad).  Even though I'm not that great, I still find ranked and casual matches to be pretty good.  Ranked matches tend to be harder while casual seems to be full of people who are new (and I feel kind of bad when I outright dominate matches, so I try not to do that...sometimes lol).

Anyway, here's the video for that (and timecodes of course):

Spoiler

The first few ranked matches I did I felt like my brain was still trying to play FighterZ.  Bouncing between fighting games isn't good if you're actually trying to learn them.  But like I said in the DB thread, I'm probably only going to play FighterZ with you guys now and not with randoms while SFV I'll continue to play online.

banana ken.jpg

...actually, BananaHair would make a great online handle lol.

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#13 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:26 PM

Have you ever stopped and went "huh, I wonder what the Commodore 64 version of Street Fighter II is like"? Well now you can find out!

You won't see this version on the 30th anniversary collection!

I streamed that (and some other C64 stuff) right before I lost internet for a period of time today. What can I say about this game? It's bad.  It's soooooooooo bad.  But considering how little RAM the C64 has, it does better than you'd expect.  The characters do tend to look like themselves and some of their special moves ARE in the game (although considering the C64 joystick only has 1 button I have no idea how I was making Ken use his tatsu or hadouken).  But that music... oh lord that music.

Believe it or not but Street Fighter I is also on the C64.  I haven't tried that one yet, as I'm not really familiar with SF1 at all, but I'm sure it's just as bad.

Streaming this one kind of makes me wonder if there's a version for the Amiga 500.  If there is I might stream that one sometime too.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#14 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:04 PM

Announced at Comic-Con:

New swimsuit outfits for the rest of the female cast that hasn't had any yet (so Menat, Juri, Sakura, Kolin and Falke).

P4I6vvIHfJr1wH23mflKnExhxneFb0vvbZFPwgIVzMc.jpg

And a new outfit for Cody:

t3_90mp0v.jpg

As far as I know this is all they've announced/shown as of now (July 21).  I was really hoping they would show off either Sagat or that other character from the season 3 pass.

Most of the swimsuits look pretty terrible, in my opinion.  I mean, who wears a freaking coat to the beach? (Kolin, apparently). 

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#15 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 12:08 PM

I've never been one for costumes unless I think the original look is hideous or the costume is a cool nod to something else (why I have Original Akuma and Ken/Dante) so eh. Always up for new characters though. 

Posted Image Posted Image

#16 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 06:47 AM

So Sagat and G are both out later today in SFV. 

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#17 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:42 PM

G is going to lay the Amish smackdown upon you! lol

As I also said on IRC, I thought it said SDV and not SFV... I was wondering why Sagat was in Stardew Valley... TIGER FARM! :XD:

#18 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:40 PM

Season 4 announced, and a "new" character with the announce of Kage. Either $6 or 100,000 Fight Money. Nothing said if he'll be with the season pass.

#19 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:57 PM

Finally got around to trying out Sagat and G last night. G is hilarious. I love everything about that character. Unfortunately, though, I have no idea how to do all his specials and I really didn’t have time last night to take him into training to figure it all out. But the President of the World has my vote for best new character.

Sagat is..well, Sagat. I don’t think he’s changed much from previous incarnations. Other than the fact he’s listed as being over 7 foot tall and he towers over everyone lol.

I also hooked up the ps3 and tried Ultra SF IV again on the new tv. That was fun. I think if the game goes on sale again on psn I may pick up the ps4 version. Having a ton of characters to choose from is cool lol. But I don’t really want to spend $24ish for it when I already own the ps3 version. $10 maybe. We’ll see if it ever goes on sale again.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#20 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 01:15 AM

And thus Ultra SF IV never went on sale.  lol  It's the end of March and it still hasn't gone on sale at all.  Meanwhile SFV is on sale practically every week.  I mean, I understand Capcom wants to push the newest version of the game so that it doesn't die but c'mon man.  Even the 30th anniversary has gone on sale a few times so far this year.  Put USFIV on sale already so I can buy it!

Anyway... that aside..  I really haven't played much SFV lately. The last time I tried ranked I got pwned pretty bad and lost more than half of my LP.  Even casual, which I used to have a pretty high win rate on, was impossible and I just kept getting owned. I guess the months of not playing at all after the hurricane caused me to get really rusty/awful at it.  Well that and spending a lot of time playing Tekken 7 (which plays very differently). 

On a happier note, I finally decided to go through the season 3 character stories and recorded it.  If you want to see how ridiculous they are you can watch it here:

Blanka-chan is now my favorite SF thing ever.  And by beating Blanka's character story it made it so I could purchase the Blanka-chan alternate costume in the shop. Best 40,000 fight money ever spent. :XD:   I'll have to record me using that at some point just so you guys can see how ridiculous it is.  It's amazing.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hadouken, street fighter, fighting games, street fighter ii, street fighter iii, street fighter alpha, street fighter iv, street fighter v, ultra street fighter, street fighter arcade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users