32 replies to this topic

#1 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts
  • LocationIn the Temen-ni-Gru ruining Vergil's day

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

Netflix is both awesome and terrible at the same time. It seems like they never have anything I actually want to watch or when I am in the middle of watching something (a show) they pull it from the site. On the other hand, occasionally we do find some cool stuff on there and I've watched a lot of TV episodes.

They do tend to add/remove quite a bit every month so I think I'm going to use this thread to keep track of what they're pulling or adding. Everyone else can feel free to comment on recommendations of what to watch on Netflix if you want.

Here are the list of Netflix titles that will be expiring on the first of August, 2014.

Spoiler

New Titles for August 2014 (Not complete yet):

Spoiler

~James~
Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
My Website :: The Ultimate Rurouni Kenshin FAQ

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#2 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

Lol can't say I'll miss much on the expiring list..

Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

The Addams Family movies are stupid but silly (and very nostalgic for me). I'm kinda sad that the Star Trek movies are all going (the first 4 went bye bye at the start of July). Psycho is good (if it's the original, I'm not sure which version that is) and worth watching at least once. The rest are take it or leave it type of movies.

Just doesn't seem to be anything worthwhile to replace them though. That's what bothers me. They're taking somewhat decent movies and replacing them with utter crap that no one would ever watch.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#4 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

I think its funny that every streaming service on earth offers up the Avengers. Lol. Everyone and their mother has seen that movie like 100 times.

#5 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

lol yeah. Although Netflix offers The Avengers (and several other things) in SUPER HD! (4K)

I really, and I do mean strongly, dislike the "4K/SUPER HD" phase that everyone seems to be pushing. I know some movies are being re-released in it now too (Ghostbusters was recently re-released in it). The footage is too crisp and clean. There's no movie quality to it. Avengers, for example, looks like an F'ing video game if you watch it in 4K. When my dad sat down and checked it out on the big TV in the living room I seriously couldn't tell for a minute if it was the actual movie I had seen in theaters or something else (like a CGI animated movie or something). It just.. I dunno. The movie quality is lost.

It's like watching a soap opera on TV. Ever sit down and just watch a minute of a soap opera? Notice how clean it is and how weird it looks compared to every other channel on TV? If not you should try it sometime and see what I'm talking about. 4K vs standard HD is a lot like that. It's just weird.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#6 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

Oh man. Airplane, Addams Family, Monty Python's Meaning of Life... like how it gets rid of some decent movies and yet I see nothing new on that being added list I would even look at. Guess I'm glad I'm not really into Netflix then. lol

#7 Dead

Dead

Drunken Pirate

• Administrators
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:07 PM

LOL Im all for netflix as long as they keep the transformers stuff on there.. but even if they don't I have it all on dvd. Lol I'm just lazy like that.

#8 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:45 AM

Here's a bunch of stuff that's being removed from Netflix on Dec 31st.

Spoiler

Transformers is included. Wah wah wahhhhhhh

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

#9 Smz

Smz

• Administrators
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:32 PM

Wow, this time I see a lot of movies that I would have watched if I had Netflix. lol

#10 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:49 PM

And about 90% of that list I never knew was even on Netflix.

Netflix kinda sucks about telling you what they do have. They need to redesign the GUI and make it easier to get a full list of everything available.

~James~

sig.gifiyouboushi.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: netflix, movies, tv shows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users